Monday, January 31, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D25

Hello there! It's been a few days since last I was on here, and much has happened. Last Thursday I started my planned break at 133.9 pounds and went into P3 for 4 days, as I was heading to Edmonton for a conference. It was easier to take a break as I couldn't cook any meals while I was away. The past 4 days were absolutely heavenly! I enjoyed some foods that, after not having them for the past month, tasted so rich and delightful, I thought my taste buds would explode.

Over the course of the 4 days, I will say that I did gain a little bit back, but didn't go over the 2 pound mark. I don't blame this as much on the food that I was eating (I stayed true to the protocol), as I brought almost all my own food and ate very clean and healthy, but more on the fact that I didn't get enough water the entire time I was there. I didn't want to have to stop and pee every 20 minutes on the long drive, so I skimped on the water intake, and even whilst at the conference, didn't have near enough. I think this may have cause a bit of water retention. Not a good trial to see how food will affect me when I hit my real P3, but I think next time will look much different when I'm not travelling and can make my own meals and drink the required amount of water.

I did make one food that I could bring, which was a lifesaver to me and I owe the credit of this recipe to my friend Katie-Lee, was little flax seed "loafs". I made 3, one for each day I was away. Each one contains 1 egg, 1 tsp of butter, 1/2 tsp of baking powder (which I discovered I couldn't have because it has starch in it, so I substituted it with 1/4 tsp baking soda and 1/8 cup of plain greek yogurt), 1 tsp of cinnamon, and 1/4 cup of ground flax seed. Mix it together in a deep bowl and throw it into the microwave for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes and out comes a little delicious almost "muffin"! I then dipped it in unsweetened apple sauce and it was absolutely amazing. You feel like you're eating bread. Thanks KL!!!!

It was also fantastic eating avocado again. I had many salads with steak, red/yellow/orange peppers, avocado and a drizzle of oil/vinegar dressing that I made. yum yum yum!

Well, I knew this was going to be short lived as it was only a "break", so this morning, I weighed in and was at 135.7, but I have no fear that much of that will be gone tomorrow. I've had more then my daily dose of water today to try and wash it out of my system. But, needless to say, today was NOT an easy day. After having 4 days where I could eat so much more, going back to 500 calories was tougher this time then when I started. I'm hoping the last bit of back rolls (that's all I'm waiting for now) will dissipate within a day or two and then I can get back to P3 and then, onto real life again. I'm excited to incorporate a more sugar-free, gluten-free lifestyle into my life and am excited to try out so many recipes that look amazing. I didn't work this hard to revert back to my old self again, but I'm going to enjoy this new lifestyle to the fullest.

Thus, here I am, continuing on this journey for just a little while more. I can taste success….literally :)

till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment