Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Transformation: Day 6

This morning was my best morning yet, I think, for awaking from my slumber and not feeling horribly tired. I jumped on the scale and am happy to say I lost another 1.5 pounds. That means that in the first 3 days of phase 2, I've lost 6.3 pounds! That's so exciting! I feel great, I feel healthy, and whether it's phycological or not, I do feel smaller and lighter. :) It's true when they say that it gets easier with each passing day. I find I'm feeling fuller faster, that I'm sustained for longer, and don't really have too many cravings, if any, at all! This is a huge thing for me, as I ALWAYS have cravings for chocolate, but I've been around it almost all day (everywhere I turn, someones eating it or selling it) and haven't been interested. That in itself is a miracle.

Lunch was funny as I tried to eat my two patties I had prepared yesterday, wrapped up in my floppy lettuce. One of the teachers laughed and said to me "haven't you heard of a bun?" I was amused, to say the least, but I agree, buns sure do taste better then lettuce. But regardless of that thought, I haven't craved bread at all either, which was, a mere week ago, a staple in my diet (probably not great anyway).

I made it through school with energy to boot, a smile on my face, and an apple waiting for me when I got home. It was delicious! I never thought I would enjoy and savour an apple so much :)

Shortly after I arrived home it was time to start thinking of supper. What could I make? I thought it was time to have some shrimp, as I do enjoy my shrimp. I unthawed the rest of the package that we had open, as I knew Hayden would want this for supper too. I decided on curry shrimp. I weighed out my 100g of raw shrimp and in a separate little bowl I mixed together about 4-5 squeezed garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp of curry powder and 1/8 c of water. I heated up my pan, placed my shrimp in it and then poured this yummy liquid over it. The smell was divine!  I did the same for Hayden, but I cooked his shrimp in butter as well as the curry mixture. The only little mistake I made at the end was accidentally using the same flipper to flip my shrimp and his. Hopefully this won't effect my results tomorrow. I also steamed up some asparagus to go along with my shrimp. As the smell had predicted, the taste of my shrimp was quite divine. Hayden enjoyed his shrimp too, which is always a good sign of a good meal.

Now, as the day is almost done, I'm munching slowly away at my melba toast and handful of strawberries, cut up small so as to last longer. They are a refreshing end to the day. Now I think it's time to sit in bed and read for a while before my last set of drops for the day, then off to sweet dreams. I end this day with a sigh of contentment and a feeling of pleasure at what I have already accomplished in such a short time.

till tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! Way to go! :)
    I thought I'd share a evening snack/breakfast idea that Jonathan and I love once and awhile. This works best if you have one of those tiny crockpots or like and electrical fondue pot with a lid. If you cut up your apples into chunks, put in the pot, add little bit of water, about a tsp of cinnamon, and sprinkle everything with stevia sugar, put the lid on and let it heat up for about and hour and a half to two hours. After that you've got this amazing warm apple stuff that you can eat just like that with a cracker or mush it up into apple sauce. It's tasty!!!! :) You'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo.....that does sound amazing! I might have to try that :) Yummy! :D

    ReplyDelete