Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D21

Today was a hard day. As I'm nearing the end of this diet it's getting harder and harder to stay true to it and not cheat. Boy did I want to cheat today. Starting from the beginning, I weighed in this morning and was down .3 pounds. I have 4 more days and hope that they produce some good loss so that my starting maintenance weight is a bit lower. :)

I was on the worship team this morning, which made for an early rise and a harder, longer morning before I got lunch. It's hard to be able to sit with some coffee to help hold you over till lunch when you are playing the piano and singing. I wasn't able to get home and make lunch till 1pm and by then I was so hungry! So hungry, in fact, that I also had a hard time eating slowly, just because I needed the food. I ended up having my snack earlier then usual today, just because I needed it. For lunch I cooked up some shrimp in garlic and lemon and had cabbage with it. Easy and painless really :)

I drank heaps and heaps, which does help, but sometimes, you just want a nice big glass of milk, or juice! The afternoon fared nicely as we had some dear friends over for a visit, which is always a pleasure. By the time they left it was time to make some supper. I made the same thing for supper as I had for lunch, only I added a few different spices. I went to oregano and allowed it to calm me :) I was able to eat supper much slower, which did allow for a fuller feeling afterwards. That's when the trouble started….

We went to our friends' engagement party tonight….at the groom-to-be's parents meat and sausage store! Well, not "in" the store, but right next to it. They brought out the most delicious smelling appetizers, plates filled with chocolate and candy, brownies, pretzels, etc etc. All the things you would find at a party. Thank goodness I brought my orange and melba toast, but it just didn't suffice tonight. I'm really hungry right now too, and there's nothing I can do about it but drink some more water. I look at all that food, and because I'm so close to the end, I just wonder how much it really matters anymore. I know it does, but something in me actually wanted to give in, even just a little. I didn't, and I'm glad I didn't, cause I would have regretted it for sure.

Also, the past few days have been filled with much back pain for me. It's almost like, now that I don't have a cushion of fat anymore, everything is groaning haha.

Well, regardless, this is the week!!! I can do it! I can finish! I see the prize at the finish line and it's wonderful :)

Now I must go and try and coax my lovely husband to give me a massage (a slight perk to having the pain) and go to sleep and be ready for tomorrow.

till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment