Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D7

Today was a....different day, shall I say? It consisted of new discoveries and also a moment of memory lapse causing much fret and a tinge of worry, readily consoled by my dear husband through his gift of humour. It started the same, waking up and weighing myself. I was down another .5 pounds. It didn't seem like much, but it was still something, and that is always a good thing. I too easily beat myself up over things like this, wondering if I could done something different yesterday to have changed this number, but I very quickly nipped that one and told myself to cool it. Losing is losing and that's what matters. I don't have heaps of weight to lose, and I still have over 2 weeks left. I'm just fine.

After this early morning mind struggle, I then noticed something that I'd not noticed up to this point. My body looked different. Just slightly, but still, to my scrutinizing eyes, observable. Until now I'd noticed no improvement in the loss of rolls or the slendering of my shape, even with the weight loss....until today. It was ever so slight, but my hips seemed a bit smaller, my back seemed a bit flatter, as did my stomach. It was a neat thing to experience. I realized then, even more, it's not the number of the scale that matters so much, it's how I feel and look afterwards. Up until I started this diet, I never weighed myself at all. I didn't care. As long as my clothes fit, I was happy. I avoided it because I knew, with my personality, I ran the risk of becoming obsessed. This was something I never wanted to be in anyway, so to start this diet and have to weigh myself everyday was a scary notion. But I know my husband will keep me in check and keep from becoming that obsessed being. Perhaps that's why I never found this diet until now, because I needed his support, assurance, encouragement and accountability. Thus said, the morning started out better then I anticipated and I've felt great all day. I haven't felt the slow feeling of compression of the body that usually occurs during the day. This is something new.

The other thing I realized, just tonight, is the amount of energy I have. Normally I'm always tired and have a hard time getting out of bed. I yawn all day and feel like I'm dragging my feet, never getting quite enough sleep....or so I thought. I realized that with each passing day, getting up has been less of a chore and more a joy. It's gotten, dare I say, easier? Also, I'm not tired during the day anymore. I hardly ever yawn and I am wide awake, even now, not feeling the need to go to sleep yet. I even forgo my normal Sunday afternoon nap. I simply did not need it. This is a bizarre and fantastic new discovery which I am enjoying thoroughly and look forward to continuing.

We had a potluck after church today, and I brought my own lunch. I had made it last night, so it was the same as my supper. I had 100g of grilled chicken with garlic and dill and ate it on a bed of spinach with a bit of chopped up celery for the crunchy factor. I wasn't even tempted, nor did I desire, the pots full of chilli, cornbread or spread of decadent desserts. They didn't even call my name.

This afternoon is when I had cause of my worry and fret. Hayden and I had to go out to do some grocery shopping and run a few errands. It wasn't until we were on our way home, at 5:30, that I looked at my phone and realized, to my horror, that I had missed my alarm to take my drops at 3:30!!! I've been so good at taking them at exactly the same time daily, so this almost caused a breakdown of epic proportions, which was quickly dissipated by sound reason and soft words by Hayden. How I love that man. It was my first accident, and I'm hoping that it won't effect my results horribly, if at all. I'll find out in the morning. I will definitely be more careful next time!

Needless to say, because I took my drops 2 hours later then intended, by the time supper time came I was overtaken with hunger. I was going to experiment with cabbage tonight, but decided against it as I just needed to eat, and eat as soon as possible. So asparagus it was....with some delicious steak marinated in my little concoction I had created a few days ago consisting of white wine vinegar, Mrs. Dash, minced garlic and a dash of salt and pepper. I was soon completely satisfied and full after my meal and feeling quite content.

After dinner, as a treat with my apple and melba toast, I made a cup of delicious tea I purchased today. Earl grey chocolate flavored tea! Oh my gosh! It was close to heaven in a cup. It wasn't overpowering, it wasn't sweet, but the flavors captured in that tiny little tea bag were exquisite and just what I needed for the end of today. And with that, this day is coming to an end and I best get to bed as I have work in the morning. Hopefully the roads will cooperate with my little car.

till next time....stay warm out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment