Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Transformation: Day 4

The day began well. I lost 3 pounds since yesterday and that is always a happy idea to wake up to. I got up at my designated time, weighed myself, took my drops, and went back to bed. I figured, this is my last day of Christmas holidays, I'm going to take as much advantage of it as I possibly can. This was a nice start, as I'm not allowed to eat breakfast, so it helped get me closer to lunch.

Lunch....what a failure! A word of the wise, never mix lemon juice and celery....ever!!! It is the most disgusting taste I think I have encountered in a long time, so needless to say, I couldn't even finish my meagre lunch which was quite sad to me. Next time, I will cook my fish and vegetable separately. I held off as long as I could, but today was experiencing some hunger issues, not surprisingly, until I ate my piece of fruit and melba toast.

Supper was much more successful as I thoroughly enjoy asparagus (cooked separately :P) and I had some delicious chicken, sautéed in water, with garlic, a dash of pepper and some dill. It was amazingly good! I actually made that for my lunch tomorrow as well. I'm looking forward to it. I saved my fruit and melba toast till my break at work. It's a good thing I was at work, as it helped not to think of food, at least a little bit.

I'm going to be in need of some variety here, as I don't enjoy some of the vegetables on my limited list, and I don't want to get sick of the few that I do. If anyone has any ideas of good and yummy ways to season and cook asparagus, celery, spinach, chard, white fish, shrimp, chicken, or beef that only includes spices (no sauces or dressings) and water, I would be greatly appreciative if you shared it with me. I'm going to need all the help I can get to make it through this month! But I am looking forward to the outcome. That's what keeps me going. Listen to me....and it's only day 4. Yikes!

Now it's to bed to read, drink some tea and sleep and get ready for my first day back at work tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

Thanks for coming along on my journey with me!

Till tomorrow...

3 comments:

  1. How much lemon did you use? I would cook my meat and spritz a bit of lemon to keep the meat most, then add the veggies so they got a bit of the tang but not super dosed. Adding Montreal Steak spice or lemon pepper seasoning or just plain salt or dill was a saving grace too. Another veggie I used a lot was zucchini. It wasn't on the protocol but I never gained or stalled and it added more variety as well. So excited for you! You have much support out here from so many of us - you will do great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Variety is always an issue for me on that diet. I don't think I ever really found ways to spice things up I just sucked it up and ate what I had to. By week two or three though I remember I was just use to the food and it got easier as the days went on.
    I found that sea salt always made my food that much more enjoyable though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 100g of lean bison browned with a couple of Tbs of chopped onion. Add 1 cup of chopped tomato,and season with cumin and chili powder, some garlic, and additional onion powder. Almost chili!

    ReplyDelete