Monday, January 3, 2011

The Transformation Begins: Days 1-3

Many people start off a new year with a New Years Resolution! I am generally not one of those people :) I believe that change and resolutions should be all the time, not just at the beginning of a new year, however, there is one thing that I am doing at the beginning of this year which I felt fitting. It's a body transformation! Many of you who know me may be telling yourself "Aryn? Lose weight? What weight?" Yes, it may be apparent that I do not need to lose anything, however, there are layers which are well hidden by the right shirt and pair of jeans that you know nothing of. It is the dormant layer of fat which, no matter how hard I've tried over the years, have never been able to get rid of and have always bothered me. Even when I was training for my triathlon, working out 6 times a week and eating well, those terrible rolls didn't budge.

Thanks to my great friend Christy, who brought me to a Women in Business conference, I came across O.B.C.D. gone, also known as the HCG diet. Some of you may have heard of this diet before, but for those who don't, what you do is take the HCG hormone three times daily, with a very restrictive eating regime for 27 days. This causes those abnormal fat reserves, that lay locked away and untouchable, to unlock and be used up without touching your normal fat reserves, thus causing the disappearance of those pesty rolls and inches that can't be rid of by normal dieting and exercise.

Thus, I wanted to share my journey with you as I aim to finally achieve my long sought after goal.

January 1st was my Day 1. I began it by weighing myself and recording it. The first two days of the HCG diet are seemingly fantastic, as you are required to "gorge", eating as much as you can of the worst possible foods that you can. It was Day 1 that caused me to realize how much I despise fast food and can't handle it. Here I was, allowed to eat anything all day long, and after one meal at McDonalds I could barely eat anything else I was so full! I did manage, however, to eat a bowl of my mother's famous Christmas dessert but could only eat a small bowl of clam chowder at supper. I did manage to eat bits of chocolate throughout the day however.

Day 2: I got up, weighed myself and then I ate a big bowl of granola, at which Hayden laughed at me because here I was, allowed to eat unhealthy food, but my parents didn't have any junk cereal, so I ate healthy granola. Oh well :) I succeeded more on Day 2 then on Day 1 as I then had A&W,  some mini cinnamon buns, pizza pops and a triple chocolate doughnut. I think one of the points of gorging is so you will be so sick of food that you don't care to see it for the rest of the month. At any point, I succeeded in making myself feel like a stuffed pig, all the while taking my drops when I was supposed to.

Day 3: Today dawned and I felt ready to take on my challenge. I weighed myself and had my morning coffee with 1 Tbsp of milk and some liquid stevia. Hayden took my "before" pictures today, which I will not post until I have my "after" pictures to compare them too. Lunch was 100g of steamed Haddock with garlic and a couple stocks of steamed celery with garlic powder, an apple and a piece of melba toast. Supper looks to be the same, though maybe some asparagus instead of celery :) I currently am drinking water like a thirsty camel in a hot desert, and I think I need some tea as my limbs are feeling a bit frosty. Other then that, I'm feeling pretty good for my first day of "real" dieting. I'm not too hungry right now, which is nice and my thoughts reside on the end of this time, when I will be bikini ready for our trip to Hawaii!

Let's see how the rest of the day pans out and what tomorrow will bring! I think it will be a challenging, yet very rewarding endeavour.

till next time!

1 comment:

  1. NICE! Jonathan and I are on the HCG diet right now too for the month of January. :)
    We had done it before (I think in September) and had at least half a bottle left of the stuff so we're finishing it up.
    Yay, you'll love the reward each morning. Stick with it and you'll be proud of yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete