Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D11

Here we are, half way through, only 2 weeks to go. The finish line is close! This morning I was down another .7 pounds making my total thus far 10.5 pounds. I'm feeling great, getting heaps of sleep, drinking uber (yes, I just used that word) amounts of water and making myself despise the word "fish" haha. I think, one of the best habits that will come from this, is the drinking of absurd amounts of fluids, which is supposed to be normal anyway. Before I started, I hardly drank any water through-out the day, which is never a good thing, but now, I feel great having my system flushed out and feeling like all the toxins that were stored up inside me wiped clean. Hopefully it's not just a feeling, but an actuality.

I had an awesome friend give me a good reality check today concerning this journey. I realized, that I had become so focused on my bodily results, that it had begun to consume me, even if in the smallest measure. Something I had never wished to ever do in my life. I lived each day thinking constantly about what I would eat next, how much I've lost, and what my body looks like, that I've missed some very key elements to this whole journey. It's the health factor, and in some ways, the spiritual factor. This is great for my health in that I am flushing my body of those harmful toxins and other such things that I've carelessly put into my body in the past. I'm eating clean foods, keeping or lowering, things like my blood sugar level and cholesterol. This is so important to do now and have a better life when I'm older, then neglecting the body I have and reaping the percussions of my bad choices later in life.

This has also become a spiritual journey for me, as I learn more about myself and who I am in God's eye. How does He see me in all this and would He be pleased with my consumed distraction that takes me away from Him? Not at all. I need to be absolutely consumed with Him, and after that, all else falls into place. He is my strength, He is my portion. The Bible talks about our bodies being temples of God, that we are to take care of them. At first this diet was almost a selfish decision because I wanted to look good in a bikini and thought that by losing weight I would feel more sexy for my husband and feel better about myself in every way. This couldn't be farther from the truth. I have a husband who loved me just as much before this journey began as he does now, and I have many who love me, no matter what shape. I have a great life, with so much joy surrounding me, and if I can't feel great about myself now, then it will never happen after I lose weight. So now, I turn my focus to God on this journey, to make my body a healthy and holy temple for Him to reside. This is the main goal, and not to fall back into gluttony or ill care of myself, but to maintain that which I have gained from the loss, and so keep myself at a healthy place always. Thank you my friend. :)

After all this, is seems a bit odd to talk about my yummy supper, however, the main reason I do this is to also help give ideas to those reading this who are also on this diet, and to those who just want to try and eat clean.

Supper was lovely. I had 100g of Haddock which I fried up in fresh garlic and fresh grated ginger. I heated the pan with some water first and added the garlic and ginger to urge their flavours to burst.



I then laid the fish on top of the cooking garlic and ginger and steamed it.


I boiled some cabbage, which you can tell is now a new favourite. I drained the cabbage and poured it into a bowl and then placed the fish on top.


I crushed up the fish and mixed it into my cabbage so I had both in every bite. It was quite satisfactory and pleasant.

Well, this has been a bit to chew, so I'm going to sign off now for tonight.

till tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment