Monday, January 17, 2011

the Transformation: R1P2D15

Today I woke up quite hungry for the first time since starting. I haven't been hungry in so long that I had almost forgotten what it felt like, and believe me, I did not enjoy the recall. This could be owing to the fact that I was abruptly awakened quite early as my husband was called into work. I jumped out of bed to help get him ready and it may have thrown me for a loop. I made it through the morning drinking exuberant amounts of water, which did the trick. When I weighed in this morning I found I was down .6 pounds. It was nice to see, but all I could think about was how much I really wanted a thick slice of toast, smothered with crunchy peanut butter and honey. Oh, that will be the day when I am able to enjoy just that again :) Regardless of this incessant want, I held out for lunch and that did the trick. I enjoyed every morsel that was in front of me. Today I was glad for the routine of splitting up my meals and my fruit, as that gave me something to munch on once I arrived home as well.

That past few days have been really great, not thinking about food, just living life and enjoying it, feeling great, but today I longed for this to be over. I'm hoping everything will be back to normal tomorrow. I'm almost there and I am determined to make it without cheating!

For supper I fried up some Haddock with cilantro and basil and steamed some asparagus. A simple meal which I've had before, but it was just as delicious this time round as it was the first time.

I had Bible Study tonight, so brought along my orange and melba toast. Boy am I glad I did! After the study they brought out the most decadent looking desserts and the smell of chocolate wafted around me in enticing swirls. I could almost see the fingers as they tried to draw me near. I stayed away, far, far away! As much as I wanted a piece of that chocolate cake, I didn't! Instead, I looked to my orange and savoured the juicy sweetness for all it was worth. I also thought about the recipes I've discovered which will allow me to enjoy some yummy items without the starch and sugar, which I'm not allowed to have in the next phase. All I need to do is hang in there for 9 more days! That's nothing.

So my day has ended with me feeling tired, but proud of myself and looking forward to closing my eyes to yet another day. I feel like I've been doing this forever, but the reward is almost here. I can smell it :)

Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment