Wednesday, January 12, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D10

I woke up absolutely hungry today! This is the first time since I started that I can remember waking up hungry. It was almost a strange feeling to me as it happens so rarely these days. Today I weighed in and was down .3 pounds. Not as much as I was hoping, but at least I wasn't still in a stall. I just don't know what my body is going to do and how it needs to adjust itself. As it's been said "patience is a virtue".

It was a mentally challenging morning, however, with the little change of the last couple days and that number on the scale eluding and taunting me. I just want to get below the number I'm on, but feel like it won't give in to me that easily. I have to remember, it's just a number on a scale. The other mental challenge of the day was one of those struggles where you can almost feel "what's the point?!" and perhaps this is as good as it's going to get, so why continue? I've heard this is normal for this point in the game, so pushed through those first initial feelings. The thing that's so hard to believe, is that I might actually be without back rolls at the end of this. That reason may sound crazy to you, but I've had them since I was 11 and no matter what I've done or how well I've eaten or how often or how hard I worked out, they never budged, much to my absolute frustration. So to think they might disappear is, right now, almost the same as believing in a fairytale. It's just too good to be true. But stick to this I will, and I have faith that it will be worth it in the end.

I'm so thankful for work, as it sure helps the days pass by a bit more quickly. I'm almost at the half way mark and am excited about these last couple of weeks. I'm also thankful for all of you out there who are so amazing in your encouragement during this time. One can always use it.

After such a start that today was, it ended rather nicely with a new change to my menu. For lunch I had made up chicken and cabbage the night before, but then found out that I could add a bit of egg to my plan in substitute for my meat. Loving eggs, I ventured out and made a most delicious asparagus quiche! A friend has posted the recipe, so I tweaked it a bit to my tastes. I steamed two cups of chopped up asparagus and then in a separate bowl I whisked 1 egg + 3 whites together. I added some fresh garlic and some basil to my eggs. When my asparagus was done, I drained it and poured it into a small oven-safe dish and covered the bottom. I then poured the egg mixture on top and put it in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. I have a picture as I would like to start adding a bit more then mere words to my blog, for my sanity and yours :)

My yummy (and quite filling) quiche

Thus, my day ended with something new in my stomach, a new determination to beat this mental block, and a rebirth of excitement for what tomorrow may come. Thank you for walking with me on this journey. It's not quite like anything I've ever been on or done before.

Till tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment