Tuesday, January 18, 2011

the Transformation: R1P2D16

This morning I woke up tired. I think this had more to do with the fact that my life has gotten incessantly busy over the past while, mixed with continual weather changes, then anything else. It was hard pulling myself from my bed and my warm covers. It was rewarding, however, as I weighed in and found I was down another .7 pounds. We're getting there!

I seem, in the past couple of days, to not be able to get enough water. I'm drinking way over my required amount, but I'm just needing more. It's crazy how, when our body changes, so do the requirements for keeping it functioning at a high capacity. It also helps take the edge off any hunger issues that may ensue. My lunch was chicken and cabbage. Had I known the craziness the afternoon would bring, I would have eaten my apple and melba toast right then and there as well. But I didn't, and I paid for it later. How was I to know?

A grocery shop was a dire need today, as I had eaten up all the veggies and had nothing for supper. Tuesdays are a crazy day anyway as I work at the Library in the evening, so I hurried through the store as fast as I could so that I could at least a few minutes peace before I was off and running again. Because of this extra stop before getting home, I didn't get to have my apple and melba toast and I felt absolutely famished. The first thing on the list when I got home was make supper, stat! The easiest and fastest was to steam up some celery, spritz it with some Braggs, and fry up some lemon-garlic shrimp. It was a lovely meal for the quickness of it and I felt so much better after it was done.

I then had about 20 minutes to sit and then it was time to go, only, my car was stuck. There is almost nothing more frustrating then getting your car stuck in front of your house in only about 3 1/2 inches of snow. This should not happen. And what was worse, I needed 4 men to help push me out because of the ice underneath as well. My tires are fried and definitely not doing their job. Yuck! Time for some new ones it appears.

Thus I found myself a bit agitated at the start of work tonight. Thankfully it was a quiet night and I had time to work silently and pray while I did it, process the day, and put a smile back on my face.  I'm thankful for that.

Well, it's been a tiring, draining day, so I need to go make my lunch for tomorrow and lay in bed and recoup and sleep.

Till tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment