Friday, January 7, 2011

The Transformation: Day 7

Today started a bit earlier then normal, as this is the earliest I've had to work since before Christmas. Rough, I know. I still found myself pushing the limit, as is a normal habit for me, but finally unwrapped myself from the warm layers of my bed and arose. I weighed myself and found myself down another 0.7 pounds. This brings the total loss to 7 pounds exactly. Not bad for 4 days. Every little bit counts. I'm excited to see what my improvement will be over the course of this day. Tomorrow morning shall tell.

Today was a bit harder in the fact that for the first time, I really had some strong cravings. But weirdly enough, when I saw that which I craved, I did not desire it. Sugar was a big thing today. I felt a bit like a junkie needing a fix. All I could think about was chocolate, chocolate, chocolate. It called, but I did not succumb. I resisted. The other thing I was craving today was banana's. This is extremely weird for me as I don't even like banana's. I avoid them at all cost usually. I'm thinking my potassium levels might be a bit lower then usual, which would explain this unnatural craving. Other then that, I did fairly well today. I had a great amount of energy and no crazy hunger pangs (except for right before supper, but that was most likely due to the aromatic smell it my supper produced).

For lunch I had lemon & pepper Haddock and steamed asparagus. It was delicious. If anything, after this is all over, I'll have become quite the cook :) Never before have I experimented so often, and now, I look forward to seeing what I can create! I'm finding the best way to eat is with extreme slowness. This way I fill up faster and feel more full for longer after I'm done, and also, it feels like I have more on my plate to eat then if I scarf it all down quickly. Plus, with all my experimenting, I want to thoroughly experience these new tastes and allow my mouth to enjoy them. Unless of course it's lemon on celery.

For supper I decided it was time to try some steak. I had taken it out the night before, so it was unthawed and waiting in the fridge. I created a marinade for it using 1 T of white wine vinegar, 5-6 minced garlic cloves, a dash of sea salt, a dash of pepper and a bit of Mrs. Dash. I mixed it together and poured it into the baggie that held my steak chunks. I let it sit for the next hour or so (overnight would have been better, but this was fine). I then poured all the contents into a frying pan and fried it up, adding spinach to the pan as the meat neared the end of cooking. I cooked the spinach as well and then poured all the contents into a bowl and enjoyed. The meat and spinach combo tasted quite excellent, if I do say so myself. Not bad for a first :) I even spared a small piece of meat so Hayden could try it.

Now yet another day has ended and bed is calling my name. It's fun going to sleep as I have great anticipation of what my loss will be the next morning. It's almost like having Christmas every morning.....only not :S

till next time...

2 comments:

  1. I have had occasional chocolate cravings too, and found that Guyana (not sure of the spelling on that)Yerba Matte ChocoLatte tea is excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that tea too Brook:) Aryn you can purchase it at Nutters.

    Another idea is to just put a dropperful of liquid chocolate stevia right into your mouth!

    ~Donna

    ReplyDelete