Sunday, January 16, 2011

the Transformation: R1P2D14

Today tested my self-restraint for the first time in regards to eating with others. Hayden and I were invited over for lunch by some friends today after church. I brought my own lunch, which was fine, but boy, did the food on the table look tantalizing, smell scrumptious, and all around taunted me. But, I did not succumb! I savoured my cilantro covered chicken and cabbage and was satisfied. I did, however, enjoy the sideways glances of the kids as they eyed my strange looking purple cabbage.

This morning I weighed in and am down another .5 pounds. I'm still feeling great and have loads of energy throughout my day, although, today I did take a nap. This is only because I was up so early this morning and needed just a bit more sleep to carry me through the evening, as were heading out again after supper to hang with some more friends.

For supper I decided that steak was the way to go. I marinated it again with 1T of vinegar, 1T water, a few cloves of pressed garlic, a pinch of sea salt and the last of my rosemary. I'm going to have to pick some more up as I do love the flavour. I also steamed asparagus and had myself a lovely tasting supper which filled me to satisfactory.


That's about all for today. I know it's short and sweet, but bed is calling my name as I have an early start tomorrow. Stay warm!

till tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment