Saturday, January 22, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D20

Today I was up quite early, just after 7, so that we could go and get my new tires put on my car. It was exciting, but boy was I tired….and still am! :) I weighed in this morning and was up .1 pound, but am certain that will be gone by tomorrow. Now that I understand the process, I'm not bothered by this at all.

Today for lunch I again chose quiche because again, there's nothing quite like breakfast food on Saturday…and I like my breakfast food. Today I also took more time looking at recipes for the next phase and excitement grew as I get to experiment and try out some lovely ideas. 5 more days to go!

This afternoon was occupied at the pottery studio. It felt good to get back into making items and it was a very productive day. In my couple of hours there I made 4 bowls (3 sizes), one long dish and 3 wall hangings with quotes on them. I used up the last bit of my clay, so now it's to Plainsmen to pick some more up this week. One box sure makes a lot of pieces and lasts a long time. This was only just the end of my first box and I bought it in August. Not bad.

Tonight Hayden and I decided to try a new fish, mahimahi. We had it when we were in Kona and loved it, so we were both excited to give it a go tonight. I was going to make the same glaze for Hayden as I made for myself, but in the end, he decided to make his own version. I look forward to trying it for myself in the next phase, as he used all ingredients that will be safe for me. He crushed up cashews to make a covering for his fish and then fried it in some avocado/lemon oil and a bit of butter. My fish, on the other hand, was a bit different. I decided to make a glaze for it. I found the recipe online and tweaked it so I could use safe ingredients for myself. I used 1 Tbsp of Braggs, 1Tbsp of white wine vinegar, roughly half a tsp of fresh grated ginger, 1 clove of garlic minced, and a few drops of stevia to sweeten it up as I couldn't use honey. I marinated my fish in that for a while while I cooked up my celery. I then fried the fish in some water and the glaze. It tasted pretty good. I would love to try the normal recipe sometime as it uses honey, balsamic vinegar and real soy sauce. But this was really good for now.

My delicious supper 


Spooning a bit more of the glaze onto my fish and surrounding celery

So all in all, today was good day. Looking forward to starting a new day tomorrow and continuing my journey for just a little longer. 

Till tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment