Monday, January 3, 2011

Looking Back

As I sit and ponder 2010 I realize that it was quite a year, full of joy and tears, laughter and frustration, high highs and low lows, trials and accomplishments, restraining and branching out. 2010 was, I believe, by far the toughest, yet most rewarding year I've had yet. I went from having one of the most stressful, frustrating,  and emotional jobs I've ever known, not wanting to get out of bed for fear of what the day may bring, to the absolute best job I've ever had, where I cannot wait to get to work and enjoy my day with every fibre of my being. I went from a dark recession of absolute creativelessness, to forming a new business and almost selling out completely of my first wave of pottery creations. I went from writers block to creating a blog and sharing my heart and life with whomever would choose to stop and read. I went from musical apathy to engaging in playing and singing on worship, strengthening my vocal skills, playing my piano more and purchasing a cello to expand my musical ability and knowledge. I also succeeded in training for and completing my first ever triathlon, but hopefully not my last. This was a HUGE accomplishment for me and one that I am proud of indeed. A shining moment amidst much turmoil at that time.

From the bleak, meagre beginnings of 2010, the year ended with a shining dawn on the horizon. A dawn with hope for what this next year will bring. I now have an established, though baby, business that I am able to build on with fervour and passion, with orders waiting to be filled and ideas flying around that I'm excited to put to the test. I have my job to continue for at least the rest of this school year, which is bound to be filled with much laughter and delight as I continue working with a most amazing staff and students. I have a family vacation to Hawaii to look forward to, finally being able to show my parents where I lived and where Hayden and I were engaged, and all the fun bits in between. Also, being able to be together as a complete family for about 9 days will be so wonderful.

Then there is the possibility of heading out West at the beginning of summer to do an art show in Kamloops on July 1st (depending on the costs involved). I also am becoming an auntie around the end of June, so it would be fun to see Hayden's brother and sister-in-law and our little niece/nephew. What next fall will bring is still unforeseen. Will we still be in Medicine Hat or will the time to move be upon us? Is this the year to begin a family? What will work look like after the summer? How will our art take off and proceed? These are the unanswerable questions. The questions that bring about the excitement of the unknown. The things I have to look forward to as the days progress. I mean, if we knew everything, there would be no adventure in life....right?

So here's to saying good-bye to 2010 and hello to 2011. May this year bring you happiness in great measure, a new adventure of vast proportion, and delights at every new turn.
from my family to yours, Happy New Year.



never forget to stop, Hear the Whisper, Taste the Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment