Saturday, January 15, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D13

I loved today. I considered it my "snow day" and didn't go anywhere, nor did I feel the need to. I slept in, stayed in my pj's till almost noon, and lazed around the house, ending it watching several episodes of Smallville with my handsome husband. It was great to just "be". This morning I was down .1 pounds and feel great! After my shower, I decided to try on a pair of jeans I haven't been able to wear almost since the time I bought them. Lo and behold, they fit, and fit nicely at that. I wore them all day and they've sat most comfortably on me, not digging into my stomach or hips. What a nice feeling.

I had my chocolate stevia in my coffee this morning, and it was like drinking a mocha, to a certain extent :) For lunch I made quiche again. It was an easy choice as I had slept in, and so, it was like having eggs for brunch. I very much enjoyed it indeed.

Supper I ventured out into the celery realm again. I haven't eaten it since that fateful day when I added a bit of lemon, leaving a vile tasting celery in my mouth. No lemons today! I chopped up the celery into bite sized chunks and steamed them. As they were steaming I spritzed them with some Bragg's, not knowing what this would do to my delicate celery. It was a gamble that I am happy to say I won. I also fried up 100g of lean ground beef and added some cilantro, rosemary, and bit of garlic powder. The aroma filling my kitchen was divine. I then poured both celery and beef into a bowl and enjoyed a tasty meal that turned out just dandy.


Needless to say, my mouth and stomach were happy with the outcome. I'm actually enjoying my inventiveness, for the most part. At least, I'm getting better with each day. Any of the recipes that I've tried I will definitely do again (minus the lemon on celery), and could even do in bigger proportion and feed it to my husband as well. But for now, I'll leave the experimenting to my food only, so if something doesn't turn out quite so well, he won't have to stomach it.

That's all for today.

Till tomorrow…

No comments:

Post a Comment