Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Transformation: Day 5

Today finally dawned....after a fitful night of dreaming of food I couldn't have. The worst was that I knew I couldn't have it, even in my dream, and when I asked if there was steak, I was relieved to hear a "yes", only to be crushed moments later as that steak would cost me $64. This saddened me as I knew I couldn't eat anything at all! Good thing it was only a mere dream and not reality. Needless to say, I awoke and was delighted to see that I had lost another 1.8 pounds. This time, however, I did not go back to sleep, but got ready for work as, alas, holidays were officially over.

Today was so much better! I was hardly hungry at all! It may have helped that I had work to keep my mind pre-occupied, but whatever it was, I didn't mind in the least. I thoroughly enjoyed my garlic/dill chicken and asparagus that I munched slowly away at for lunch and I saved my orange and melba toast for a snack later on. I was excited to get home, as my friend, Katie-Lee, had given me a website with fantastic recipes, specifically for this diet! I was elated that I would not get board with my menu, and to say the least, somewhat relieved. After work, I went over to Superstore to pick up a few more menu items. On the list were, fresh garlic, fresh ginger, spinach leaves, lettuce, extra-lean ground beef and a pack of lean sirloin steaks. I was so excited to get home and try out a new recipe, with a bit of my own twist! Who would have ever thought that I, Aryn Werezak, would be EXCITED about cooking? Not I, that's for sure.

Supper was extraordinary! I used 100g of the ground beef, 1/2 an onion chopped up finely, rosemary, Mrs. Dash, fresh garlic, a dash of sea salt and a dash of pepper, and 1 melba toast crushed up. I mixed it all together to create a couple of small burger patties! I fried these up in a non-stick pan with a bit of water. The smell was heavenly. I then wrapped each patty between two lettuce leaves which acted as my "bun" and voila! I had my very own burgers! I fried up a couple for my lunch tomorrow and am excited to eat them! This supper no only tasted amazing, but also sufficiently filled me up. I haven't even had my final fruit yet, but it's calling my name. A handful of tasty strawberries just waiting to be eaten :)

After supper, I pre-portioned the rest of my ground beef and 4 of the 6 steaks (had to leave a couple for Hayden to enjoy) into individual small baggies, ready to grab for an upcoming meal. This will save me time. So, needless to say, I have 19 meals of protein ready at my fingertips, as well as a freezer full of Haddock and a box of shrimp. I think I should be good for a while. I might need to get some more chicken, however, as I think I only have a couple more in the freezer.

The beautiful thing that I'm finding, is that I'm now discovering recipes and ways of eating that I will probably continue after this is all done. It feels amazing to be so healthy. I've had over my daily dose of 2 litres of water as well, though I'm not having to visit the washroom as often as I was on Day 3 :)

I feel like I've gotten over a little hump and now I'm on the upward road to success!
Day 6 here I come!

till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment