Friday, January 14, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D12

Today has been a really great day, all around. With a changed attitude, it's amazing how an entire day can be altered. I weighed in this morning and was down another .5 pounds. My skin is clearing up, but my lips are so dry. I even have a cold sore starting. Not fun, so hopefully I can kill it quickly and be done with it!

Today sparked a desire to try something new and be creative, and in some ways, a bit inventive. Lunch consisted of some lovely haddock fried with a bit of sea salt and cilantro. I absolutely love cilantro, and as Hayden doesn't enjoy it, I'm going to use it as much as I can while I'm eating separate meals then him. I ate my haddock on a bed of spinach leaves and it was quite refreshing.

Supper is where I became a bit more inventive. I decided that I wanted teriyaki shrimp. I hadn't looked at a specific recipe in a while, but remembered I needed Braggs Liquid Aminos to do the job. It's a type of soya sauce, but without all the extra ingredients. It's basically just soybeans and water. So, on the way home I stopped by the store and picked up a small bottle of it. I also purchased a bottle of dark chocolate flavoured Stevia as well, to mix it up. I'm getting a little tired of having french vanilla everyday.

When I got home, I decided I would have cabbage with my shrimp. I found a teriyaki recipe and decided to make my own measurements and try it out. I weighed out my 100g of shrimp and in a separate bowl I added 2 Tbsp of Braggs, 3 Tbsp of water, 2 cloves of garlic, pressed with a garlic press, and a small chunk of ginger, grated. I then added about 10 drops of my french vanilla stevia, to give a bit of sweetness to the sauce. A quick taste told me it wasn't bad! I mixed the ingredients together and then put my shrimp in the liquid and let it sit for a little while, to gently marinate. I then cut up my shrimp in small chunks (it goes farther that way I find) and heated up my frying pan. I poured in the shrimp and sauce and sauteed the contents together. I then had my shrimp on my cabbage and let me tell you, it was delicious!


I am so impressed with my new found inventive ability! I had absolutely no cooking ingenuity before I started HCG, and now I'm well on my way to continuing the search for new and wonderful ideas, well after I'm done. I cooked spaghetti for Hayden at the same time tonight, and was very pleased with my self-restraint. I didn't even taste his sauce, so hopefully it was alright :)

The night ended with my delicious orange and piece of melba toast and now I go to get warm and cozy under my covers and read for a while before falling off to sleep. This weekend may be a homebound one as the snow continues to fly. I don't really mind that in the least.

Stay warm and drive safe

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment