Monday, January 10, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D8

This will be a short one as it's already quite late. The Banff Film Festival took up my evening which is always a great excuse to get out. This morning I weighed in and found I was down down another .8 pounds. Thankfully my little drop mess-up yesterday didn't alter anything that I could see, anyway. This brings my total loss to 9.5 pounds….in a week! That is really something. I had to laugh today, because I saw an ad on the front of a magazine that said "Lose 10 pounds in 2 months! Find out the secrets". Well, I lost almost that in a week! That made my day for sure.

Today was also a day of discovering the delight that is cabbage. I picked up a head of purple cabbage to give it a go and add a bit of variety to my life. Apparently variety only exists in food these days :) Lunch was the same as supper last night, asparagus and 100g of marinated steak. Having sat overnight, the taste was stronger but still just as great.

Supper, however, was going to be something new. I cut about a 3/4 inch slice of cabbage and shopped it all up into small bits and then boiled it until it was very tender and close to becoming mush, but not quite. I grilled up 100g of chicken in, you guessed it, garlic and rosemary. I then put half the cooked cabbage into a bowl (the other half is for lunch tomorrow) and poured the chicken on top. The cabbage resembled the texture of rice, so it was like have a rice bowl, only cabbage instead. And it has a naturally sweet flavour, which is a nice change. Needless to say, I am hooked and hope to use cabbage as my veggie more often now. Lunch tomorrow will look identical to my supper tonight, as it's much easier to cook 2 of everything the night before then try to cook in the morning. That's the last thing I want to do as soon as I start a new day :)

I snuck in my orange and melba toast for a snack during the film festival and I even took all my peels home with me :)

All in all, today was a good day. I started to feel a cold coming on this morning, but have battled it out and that feeling has fled, thank goodness.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment