Friday, January 21, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D19

This morning brought great joy when I weighed in and saw that I was down 1 pound today. I think my body was just retaining a bit of water in those empty cells, which weighs more then fat, and now it's back to normal.

Today, work was quick and wonderful. I had many comments on how delicious my lunch smelled (same meal as last night) and I was delighted by this. It tasted just as good today as it did last night. Friday's are also early days, which was great as I came home and had a couple hours of absolute quiet before it was time to start supper. I figured Hayden needed a cooked meal today as he was at The Hive all day with his art.

I made Hayden the same meal as mine tonight, fried chicken with oregano, rosemary and garlic. I cooked his in butter, mine in water, and I cooked rice for Hayden and asparagus for myself. Not only did I think it tasted wonderful, but Hayden thought so too. :) Mission accomplished!

Today was also a fun day as I started looking ahead and can see the end of the Phase 2 road and the beginning of Phase 3. I'm looking at what foods I'm allowed to introduce and the increase in calories. I'm most excited and have made quite an extensive grocery list and looked at recipes and am getting ready. My only hurdle is that the first 3 days of Phase 3, I'm away in Edmonton at a conference. That makes things slightly more difficult, but not impossible. I will just have to find easy travel food solutions that will get me through those first 3 days. I'm quite excited! I get to eat olives soon! Boy do I love olives. haha. The simple pleasures that one takes for granted most of the time. I don't want to take food for granted ever again, but enjoy, savour, and have fun with it, finding healthier alternatives to all the junk that is out there. :) It can be done, it just takes a bit more time and creativity.

Well, this is short and sweet, but that's all for today! Looking forward to another weekend and hopefully getting into the pottery studio tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

till tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. mmm... OLIVES! ;) Your post reminds me that it's not as hard as it may sometimes seem to have yummy food, even if it is just by having sauteed meat with a few great spices. I had a mini-corn breakdown today... Clint sat me down and we listed all the foods I CAN have (I'm sure its a longer list than what you can eat now!) and all the meals that I can fix with those ingredients. It helped a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those Werezak boys are sure great eh? What would we do without them. So wise. Hayden's been a really strong support during this time too, which has been amazing. :) 4 days to olives!!!! :D I'm going to try and find the garlic stuffed ones at Costco haha. I will always remember Christmas now and our obsession with them every time I see an olive :)

    ReplyDelete