Saturday, February 5, 2011

The Transformation: R1P2D28&29

Another couple days have passed and all is well. I officially decided that yesterday was my last day of drops, so I have today and tomorrow with no drops but still the low calorie diet, then onto P3 and beyond! I'm quite excited. I know that the last bit I feel needs to be gone is not so much fat, but just skin that needs to be toned into place. As soon as I am able to up my calories I can begin working out again and I've never been so excited with the prospect of sweating my butt off for an hour or two. Plus, it's a great stress-reliever.

Yesterday I was up .5 pounds but not phased a bit by this. I knew it was probably mostly water retention and so was very diligent in drinking extra fluids yesterday. The result….this morning I was down 1.8 pounds! That's a HUGE loss! Even I wasn't expecting that. Monday morning will be when I take my "after" pictures and then I can show you the amazing results I've been blessed to have.

I knew it was time to be done P2, when yesterday I just felt angry, and almost bitter, for having to eat my meagre lunch. Of course, it was a day I was completely surrounded with goodies, cookies, cinnamon-sugar toast, munchies, etc… I resisted (although I did have 2 extra strawberries last night :P) and didn't indulge in those things that I so wanted in that moment. But it did make me feel a bit angry. That's when I knew, enough was enough. No diet should ever make one angry or bitter because of it. That's no way to live, no matter how much weight is lost. Once you've stopped enjoying it, time to move on. I'm not going to be one of those people who deny themselves every pleasure in this life because they want a low number on the scale. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll probably never want to eat processed foods again if I can help it, or much high fat and high sugar items either, but I know I can enjoy food, in moderation, and thus, also enjoy life. When food takes up 90% of your thought, somethings wrong I think. People become obsessed about food, eat too much of it and become obese, or on the flip side, not live a free and normal life for fear of what the scale will say. Neither is a healthy way to live. To be, to enjoy, and to make good, healthy choices can be the much needed balance I think.

So that's the long and short of it. I'm excited and determined to make it through these next couple of days to achieve the best I can out of this journey and then move past it, maintain it, and hopefully never having to look back again.

Now, I need to get ready to head to a much needed massage, on roads that are basically coated skating rinks. Awesome…(said with dripping sarcasm).

till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment