Monday, February 7, 2011

Mission Accomplished….almost :)

Well, here we are! Yesterday was officially my last day of P2 and thus, today is my first day of P3!!! It's been a great day so far :) I've enjoyed having a few extras in my diet today. I was down .5 pounds this morning which brings my total and final weight to (drum roll please….) 131 lbs!!!! That means in my P2 I lost 19 pounds! I still can't believe it. The best is the inches part though. I lost 4 1/8 inches around my chest, 5 1/2 inches in my waist, 4 7/8 inches in my hips, and 1 1/2 inches in my thighs! That's a total of 15 1/2 inches lost! I'll take that thank you very much. Now begins my journey to stabilize this weight so that I don't go right back to where I started.

But, today has been great. I started it off with a lovely breakfast of 2 fried eggs in a bit of coconut oil and some blueberries and strawberries and a small glass of unsweetened almond milk, sweetened with a couple drops of stevia. It was so wonderful having breakfast back again, as I do so love that meal. I couldn't finish my strawberries, so I had the rest of those as a mid morning snack at school.

For lunch I had a salad with chopped up baby red/yellow/orange peppers and some grilled chicken. I opted out on the oil/vinegar drizzle as I'm not a dressing person normally anyway. I followed that with my lovely flax "bread" which I dipped into some unsweetened apple sauce.

This afternoon, for a snack I had a chunk of my home-made protein bars that I made last night (more on that in the next blog, along with recipe) which I modified so as to stay within my limits, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese with a handful of blueberries and 1 oz of old cheddar. A nice little snacky snack :) I'm supposed to stay away from dairy for a while longer, but thought I would try just a bit. I'm not wanting to over-do it, that's for sure.

Supper was an amazing steak stir-fry. I was excited because I was making ONE MEAL tonight! I'm not making 2 separate ones! This is a wonderful thing indeed! Woohoo!!! I chopped up some lean steak and fried it up with some chunked carrots, asparagus, peas, peppers, and broccoli! All ingredients were fresh except for the broccoli, which was frozen. I then made a light teriyaki sauce for it using Braggs, water, wine vinegar, garlic powder, ground ginger and some clear stevia for sweetness. It was actually pretty good and Hayden liked it too! I made extra so we have lunch for tomorrow as well. I'm so glad I don't have to come home tonight and do that now :)

Anyway….as promised, here are my before and after pics. I must admit, I'm quite embarrassed by my before ones, so don't snicker! But I'm happy with my after ones. The next thing on the list is to start working out again (which hopefully I will start doing with a friend as we have planned) and tone up that last bit of skin that needs to find it's place again. But overall, I'm thoroughly pleased with the results and I do believe my hard work as paid off.

Jan 1st, 2011 - Before

Feb 7th, 2011 - After

Before


After

Before (my yucky back rolls :P)

After (Almost gone! Just needs toning now!)

Feeling absolutely great! Want to keep this body for a while now I think :)
Hawaii here I come!!!

Thank you everyone who has followed me along my journey over the past month and been a support. I'm looking forward to what the future will hold, trying fun new recipes and sharing all of it with you! Stay tuned for updates on the next phase…..Phase 3 here we come!

till next time


3 comments:

  1. So proud of you! Wow... I am not sure I'd be brave enough to post my before pics, I really admire you for that!!! You look fantastic, even more so than before - LOVE THAT GRIN!!!! That is a woman happy in her skin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look amazing! You should be so proud!! I love hearing how happy you are.
    :)
    LC

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWEEE!!! You're fricken hot!!!! What a journey but such amazing results!!!! You're my hero!! :D

    ReplyDelete