Monday, August 1, 2011

Little latte - week 14 1/2

As my journey continues I'm amazed to discover that not everything goes by the book, not every day is predictable, and my pregnancy is definitely as different and unique as I am. Really, one would think this wouldn't be extraordinarily amazing but common sense, however, once pregnant, most common sense flies out the window. As the days pass I expect to wake up and feel, well, normal. But what is normal? Unfortunately, what's been known as normal will never be again.

As the second trimester dawned, my middle of the night bathroom interludes subsided, only to be replaced with an almost constant sore back and an abundance of tossing and turning throughout the night, in a hopes of discovering at least one comfortable position. And this is only the fourth month. Each morning rises to tell it's own tale. Will my stomach churn causing a rush to the bathroom? Will I have a fit of nausea that sits with me all day and does nothing more but annoy me? What food will be safe for me to consume today? For what was safe and yummy yesterday could cause a gag reflux today. Will my emotions carry me away on a flood of tears over such monumental things as, no pulled chicken on the chicken BBQ wrap or sadness for the latest chef to be sent home in the tv show "Chopped". There is no end to the vast amount of trials one must endure during this time. If you've been pregnant, then reading the above list probably made you nod your head in camaraderie and understanding. If you've never been pregnant, then you're reading that list, smiling, maybe even chuckling to yourself and saying, "come on…for reals?" Just you wait my female friend, just you wait. The hormones pumping through my body, well, let's just say, it's PMS on steroids :) I can't remember if I said that in an earlier blog, but no difference, it's worth repeating. One item that's been a HUGE relief during this time are Preggie Pops! All natural candies made for pregnant women to help fight nausea. They have become my best friend and I highly recommend them for any of my friends who become pregnant and need something to help ease that yucky tummy feeling. Although they do nothing for emotions haha.

A true life-saver :)

On the flip side, each day brings a growth, if even slightly, to my belly. Another mystery of how every woman is different. I seem to be showing more then some friends who are already sitting at 17-21 weeks. Different bodies :) It's fun seeing my belly swell and knowing it's not from gas or bloating, but from a tiny living being growing inside of me.

14 weeks + 1 day. Little latte's first visit to Glacier National Park in Montana.

As I come up on week 15 in just a couple of days, my anticipation of soon being able to feel our little latte moving around in there almost sends me through the roof with excitement. Hearing the heartbeat made this more real, but I bet there's nothing like feeling your baby move within your womb. I'm excited for Hayden to be able to finally feel the movements as well.

I've been, I can't really say "nesting", as we don't have any place for me to start nesting in this teensy, little house. But I've been starting to "collect" items for baby's arrival. Gender neutral of course :) I got little winter booties for our latte's winter arrival. One of the pairs is colourful and knitted with a soft fuzzy bottom and the other ones are brown with fleece lining. So cute! To settle my mind, if for no other reason, I made my list, which turned out to be quite an extensive list, but now I can breathe and just look at it to see what else we can look for in small bits and pieces.

Well, that's all for now. I need to go and eat something or suck on a preggie pop :P
Enjoy the sun.
Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment