Monday, December 5, 2011

Dear little Latte...

Dear little Latte,

It's been a while since I wrote. I must say, you've certainly grown leaps and bounds since last time. You're almost 33 weeks old now and are quickly growing out of your current residence. Space has become limited. Instead of feeling hard kicks and punches, I feel knees and elbows, shoulders and head move and roll and press out hard as you manoeuvre in your cramped quarters . You've had the hick-ups quite a few times now too. At least hick-ups that I can identify. You also let daddy know you didn't like your limited space crowded even more one night. He put his hand on my belly to feel you and pressed a little harder then usual. You booted him good that time. It made me laugh out loud for a long time. You already bring me such pleasure, and I love laying in bed, teasing you, playing with you, talking to you, and just watching you roll around. It makes mommy feel a bit nauseas at times, but I know it will all be worth it.

I've also discovered that you like baths! It seems whenever I have a nice warm bath, you calm down for a time and enjoy it too. We've shared lots of baths together since we've moved into our new home, and we will share many, many more before you arrive as well. Especially because the weather has finally started getting colder and there's nothing like a nice, warm bath to warm me up.

I took you to your first musical as well! Thanks to our friend Tawny, we went to see The Sound of Music. You were quiet and still until the production started and the nuns starting singing. Then you went crazy, punching and kicking at the same time! I'm not sure if it's because you liked the music and were enthralled… or because you absolutely hated it and were trying to cover your ears. When you're born I'll put on the soundtrack and see how you react to the music. :)

Now that mommy and daddy's Christmas market is over, we can finally settle into our new home and start setting up your room. Right now it's full of boxes, so we need to get those cleared out, and find you a bed and a dresser. Don't come too soon ok my little Latte? Mommy still needs some time to get ready for your arrival and have the house organized :)

You are sure getting heavy now too. Mommy has tried not to waddle as long as possible, but your weight and that of your home comforts now make it near impossible for me not to waddle! Everyone thinks it's cute, but it's a lot of weight to carry around all day at work. We have just 3 weeks left till Christmas holidays and then I can put my feet up and let you grow and move and wiggle for two whole weeks! That will be nice indeed. Then I just have 3 days back at work and then I'm off and waiting for you to arrive! It's going to come so quickly.

Well my dear little Latte, we are on home stretch now and are getting very close to meeting you. We are so excited to hold you in our arms and cover you with kisses and give you plenty of snuggles. There are so many people who are excited to meet you as well! Take care, keep growing strong and healthy, and we will meet you very soon.

mommy and daddy love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment